We have 16 badminton courts across 3 of our sites with availability differing from site to site. Some of the benefits of badminton include:
- Physical fitness: Between the running, lunging, diving and ball hitting, playing badminton burns fat at approximately 450 calories per hour. This kind of cardiovascular workout can help keep you in tip top shape, especially if you’re looking for a good alternative cross-training exercise.
- Develops athleticism: The fast-paced nature of the game increases your speed and improves your reflexes.
- Increased muscle tone: Playing badminton builds and tones the quads, glutes, calves and hamstrings. In addition, your core muscles, arm and back muscles get a workout as well.
- Psychological benefits: Because badminton promotes physical fitness, it helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Exercise increases endorphins, which are the brain’s feel-good neurotransmitters, and has also been found to improve mood and sleep.
- Social health: You’ll need at least one opponent, but you can also play with a teammate and two other opponents. The social aspect of a game will result in positive feelings after a session on the court. Joining a league can also help you become part of a community.
- Good for overall health: As with all forms of physical exercise, badminton can reduce or eliminate your risk for many health problems, such as high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity.
- Flexibility and muscle strength: The more you move, the more flexible you become, especially in a sport like badminton where swinging and reaching are required. In addition to improving flexibility, players also gain muscle strength and endurance.
- Weight loss: Badminton can also help with weight control because of its fat-burning and metabolism boosting qualities. Combined with a proper eating plan, optimal weight loss may be achieved.
For bookings & information, please contact each centre directly on:
Sutton - 01744 677375
Selwyn Jones - 01744 677970
Queens Park - 01744 671717