Go Active - Lifting of restrictions from Monday 19th July
Following the announcement from the Government (12/7/21), we now have final confirmation for the lifting of restrictions on Monday 19th July. We have subsequently reviewed and updated leisure industry guidance and can now provide you with the following update: -
The following changes will go ahead: -
- Requirement to pre-book swimming and the gym will be removed
- Fitness suite equipment to be repositioned as appropriate
- Sports halls to be fully available for normal usage (football, badminton, club sports etc).
- Sauna & steam rooms will reopen (restricted numbers initially)
- All changing rooms and showers will reopen
- Lockers will be available to use again.
- Group fitness timetables have been updated and capacities increased
- Learn to Swim Programme will revert to normal operating arrangement and capacities from 2nd August.
- Willowbees Adventure play capacity to be increased but numbers will still be limited.
There are some measures we would like to keep in place: -
- Hand sanitising stations/cleaning stations will remain in place.
- Increased cleaning regimes will continue - particularly focusing on touch points and equipment. This may include short periods of closure each day to deep clean areas.
- One-way systems will remain in place for a while and we encourage customers to use them as much as possible.
- Swimmers – We advise customers to arrive beach ready prior to their swim if possible.
- We encourage the use of face masks whilst walking around the facilities/in communal areas
- Please use contactless payments when possible
- NHS Track & Trace QR codes will be displayed and we encourage you to use these
· Please respect our zero-tolerance policy towards any form of abuse to staff
· Be patient, respectful and tolerant of fellow customers
Overall, we want to make sure that all our customers feel safe when using our Go active sites and there needs to be a fine balance between increasing capacities, maintaining the level of cleaning and keeping everyone happy and confident.
Please check out the Go Active website and our social media channels for full details of changes and updates.
Unfortunately, Parr Swimming and Fitness Centre will remain closed for the time being as staff remain deployed to continue to support key essential services as part of the Council's Covid pandemic response. Please note that Parr Go Active members can access facilities and activities at Queens and Newton as part of their membership package.
All activities will be on a book only basis which can be done online, by phone or at any of our Centres. If you have not already registered to book online please visit www.leisure.sthelens.gov.uk/bookings/Account/Register
For further details regarding our revised activity programme and operating procedures please visit our website www.sthelens.gov.uk/goactive
We hope to see you soon, if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org