We have been working extremely hard since you’ve been away to get your child/children’s swimming lessons up and running again safely.
To make sure your visit is as safe as possible, we have had to make some alterations to the way we run our swimming programme. We have put together the following guidance to keep you informed on what you can expect on your return: -
Preparing for your child’s lesson
- Please enter the building via a dedicated swimming lesson entrance.
- Once you enter the building, a temperature check will be taken by a member of staff.
- You will be asked to check in on the NHS Track and Trace app via our QR code.
- Children will be required to come “swim ready” (swimwear on under clothes) and will have a quick-change on the poolside prior to their lesson.
- Each class will only be allowed into the building 5 minutes prior to the start of their lesson.
- We can only accommodate 1x Adult to accompany each swimming child. Unfortunately, at the moment we are not able to accommodate siblings or other family members.
- The only payment method we are accepting for now will be pay as you go (£25.50 for a block of 5 lesson credits). We will not be using the monthly Direct Debit option for the time being - direct debit payments will remain on hold.
- We are not accepting cash payments in any of our facilities so it will be CARD PAYMENTS ONLY, either over the phone or at reception.
- Payment MUST be made at the time of enrolment.
Lesson delivery and progress
- There will be one class commencing on the hour and the second class commencing 15 minutes later.
- Parents/carers will have a designated seating area on the poolside. (face masks must be worn at all times).
- Shortly before the end of the lesson you will be asked to make your way to the changing rooms to wait for your child outside a designated cubicle. This will allow staff enough time to clean the chairs in the viewing area ready for the next set of parents/carers.
- At the end of each lesson, a Swimming Instructor will escort the children to meet you. Cubicles will be colour coded Blue for the o’clock lessons, and Green for the Quarter-past lessons. The number and colour of your chair will be the same as your changing cubicle.
- You will have 15 minutes to get your child changed as staff need to wipe down the changing areas ready for the next class.
- In line with Government guidance, showers will unfortunately not be available.
- When leaving the facility, parents and children will follow the one-way system which is clearly marked out throughout the centre.
- In terms of progression, children will not move stages until the end of their 5x week block of lessons. This will assist with the scheduling of lessons to ensure all children get the opportunity to attend as regularly as possible.
- Unfortunately, the online Home portal will be unavailable for the time being. If you wish to enquire about your child’s progression, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for lessons at Newton-le-Willows or email@example.com for lessons at QUeens Park.
- We are encouraging parents/carers to bring their own floatation equipment ie discs
- We must insist that parents do not communicate with their children or the Swimming Instructor during the lesson. (This can be distracting, impact on concentration of both the child and teacher and can be disruptive to the lesson for everyone else).
- We would like to remind you that the Council has a zero-tolerance policy towards any form of abuse towards staff and please remember that we are trying to help you and keep you safe.
- If you do have any immediate questions, please send any correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org for NLW or email@example.com for Queens Park.
We understand these are significant change to normal operating procedures for swimming lessons, however we hope you understand this is necessary to ensure the safety of children, parents and staff and to provide as much opportunity as possible for children to start their lessons again.